Sunday, January 11, 2015

MyFitnessPal is my new Pal!

I successfully made it through a week of logging each and every calorie I consume with the MyFitnessPal app for iPhone. My first thought after one week is why didn't I do this sooner? It's really not so terrible, inconvenient or very time consuming to do it. 

The biggest surprise to me was that I haven't felt deprived or ravenous. Turns out when you put regular portions of nutritious food in your body, your body will behave. Our bodies are so darn smart!

I did allow myself a "cheat" day on Saturday, where I did not record my calories, and it was my one day of the week I treated myself to a couple of Rum and Diet Cokes. Having a cheat day is something I've done in the past and I know it works for me.

Aside from the calorie counting, I've been doing a good variety of workouts. Swim, spin, run, yoga, and weights. Today John and I took the dogs cross country skiing for a couple of hours. The place we go to requires a 2 mile hike up a bluff before you can actually ski. On our way up the bluff I was huffing and puffing and thought I might not have any energy to actually ski once we got up there! 

After a week of frigid cold temps that kept us indoors, it felt amazing to get out to cross country ski! 

No comments:

Post a Comment